Team Feedback collected through participation in the surveys will provide you with valuable insights! Are you looking for an easy way to view and reply to the feedback, anonymous or not, from your team members? Look further than the Feedback tab on the left-hand side of the navigation panel.
A minimum of five (5) members in a team is required for anonymous Feedback to populate at a Team Manager level. Any non-anonymous feedback will automatically show in your Feedback tab, but Managers will see the name of the smallest team a member belongs to, where the feedback can be read.
This won't always be displayed if;
- The smallest team has fewer than 5 active members.
- The smallest team does not have a manager assigned to it.
- The member does not belong to any team.
However, rest assured that Feedback will still populate in All Organization filtering, even when an anonymous piece of Feedback is submitted from a Team member who is part of a Team with less than 5 members.
Small Team widget
The widget displays the smallest team that the member belongs to. Managers will see the name of the smallest team where the feedback can be read. If the smallest team is not displayed, it can mean that:
- The smallest Team has fewer than 5 members.
- The smallest Team does not have a manager assigned to it.
- The smallest Team widget is based on the permissions of the person logged in; therefore, an Executive Manager who has access to all Teams could see a small Team differently than a Team Manager, as the widget shows the smallest Team based on the Team that the Manager has access to.
Additionally, if a Team name is too long to fully appear above the Feedback, you can hover over the name to display the full Team name.
In the Feedback tab, you will see a drop-down menu allowing you to view your overall feedback for all teams (if you manage more than 1) or view the feedback by team.
Note for Team managers: The Feedback showing at the Organizational level is your pooled feedback for all of your teams combined; It does not give you access to all feedback at the Organization level outside of your teams.
How it works:
Every Survey will have at least one follow-up question, allowing qualitative Feedback to be left. The follow-up question will differ depending on the response to the initial question.
All Feedback itself will be automatically labeled as Positive or Constructive.
Here's an example: If you have a Survey question, "On a scale from 0 to 10, how happy are you at work today?"
- Positive Feedback: Any score between 6 and 10 will trigger a follow-up question similar to ''Name something that makes you happy at work''.
- Constructive Feedback Any score between 0 to 5 will trigger a follow-up question similar to ''Name one thing that could make you happier at work''.
Reply to the Feedback and Create Conversations
Team and Executive Managers are the only members in the account that can reply to Feedback. Managers won't see the feedback for the Teams they don't have access to, as they will only have access to the Feedback in the Teams that they have been assigned to.
Read more about Members' Roles & Access Rights.
Responding to feedback is a crucial aspect of the successful usage of Officevibe. When you respond to a piece of feedback (whether in text or video form), the employee will get notified, so they can go in and continue the conversation. Members also have the option to reveal their identity if they wish to, but the default is anonymous — Read more about Officevibe & Anonymity.
Members can provide unprompted Feedback outside of the Surveys using the + New Feedback button in the Feedback section or via the quick action tiles on the Member Homepage. This Feedback will not be associated with any of the Metrics and will automatically be labeled as Non-survey feedback.
When answering Feedback, it is important to remember these golden rules:
- Ask open-ended questions and respect anonymity.
- Don’t take it personally.
- Think it through: Never answer feedback on impulse.
- Use plain language and positive sentiment.
As a Manager, to facilitate conversations with your team members, you can pin the important pieces of Feedback you want to bring attention to and/or address later.
You will need to click the piece of Feedback you're looking to prioritize, and the Feedback will expand; a star will appear on the top-right corner of the Feedback that you can Star to make important.
Filter and Label the Feedback
You can access quick filters, advanced filters, and conversation labels to help you understand the feedback, organize it, and take action.
This is where you can see Read vs. Unread Feedback. You can also filter for the feedback you've replied to or those replied to by another manager with access to the team.
On the top right-hand side, you will see a drop-down menu that allows for Advanced Filters, where you can filter your Feedback by the following:
- Date variance
- Feedback Type: Officevibe Surveys vs. Non-Survey feedback
- Feedback Sentiment: Constructive vs. Positive
- Feedback Metrics: The 10 Key Metrics of Engagement
- Labels: Customizable themes
Team and Executive Managers can apply Labels to Feedback Conversations as well. This helps to organize and tag feedback as needed.
An important note is that the labels are only visible to Managers and will never be seen by the Members who have left feedback.
The administrators define the labels, which can be updated and customized in the general Organization Settings.
Need some inspiration to reply to Feeback?
Some Managers often feel anxious when anticipating a difficult conversation. We understand, however, that Managers look for opportunities to be sensitive in their relationships with their Team members in the hopes of establishing trust and Feedback.
When viewing your Feedback via the Overview tab, click on the piece of Feedback that you want to respond to.
If you feel confident enough to respond, refer to the Reply tab and respond to the member. Should you need more guidance — we've got you covered!
1. Click on the Help me Reply button in the message window:
2. Once you've selected the option, you can either forward the feedback by email to ask for help or go into our Feedback Guide.
Note: The anonymity of the user will be protected if they have chosen
3. The option you choose will lead you to our recommendations.
E.g. We've chosen When should I reply, which leads up to two recommendations;
- Align on expectations.
- Make it a routine.
4. Clicking on an option will provide you with some recommendations!
Note: You will not be able to copy-paste the recommendation into your response, as it is meant to inspire you and get you started.
In other areas, like the "How Should I Reply" section, there are talking points you can click on to add directly in the message window, so you can use and edit them to get started:
You can share a feedback conversation using the Share button in the top right-hand corner.
Take Actions with your Team
Officevibe gives you the information you need to take action with your Team. Start Building your Action Plan using the Feedback and the other tools provided by Officevibe!