In order to create Segments, you'll first need to set your Properties in-app.
This will add an additional layer of data reports and help store more information on each member within your Officevibe account.
Please note that only the Administrators can create and delete properties, but both the Executive Managers and the Admins are able to view properties in the member's profiles. Although Executive Managers can modify properties, they cannot create nor delete them.
Create your Properties
1. Administrators are the only ones able to create or delete properties. You can access the Properties section in your Organization's settings and selecting Properties under the Data and Insights area.
2. There are three possible categories of Properties you can choose from: Numeric (1, 2, 3,…), Date (12/01/2020), and Choices (abcd).
3. Once your Properties have been created, they can be assigned to Members using the Bulk Provisioning uploading tool (Paid plan only) or by updating members' properties individually in their profiles.
Bulk Upload Option (Paid plan only)
If you have a paid plan with Officevibe, you also have the option to update your members and assign their properties and permissions automatically in bulk with one simple file. When you go into your Organizational Settings gear, you will click on Bulk Provisioning where you will find a file that you can download and fill your member's information into.
Note: Before you begin to populate information in the document you will want to ensure that you have created your Properties in Officevibe first.
Click on the blue Download file button to access to your file.
The file will contain information on the members you already have in the account, such as the emails, first/last names, language preferences, etc. Basically, the file will show you the data you currently have in the platform - If you haven't invited anyone into your account, the file will only contain your information.
Now you can start entering more data into it, like the properties values. Column "F" is where you assign members to have Executive Manager status, and then the columns after this will be for assigning the Properties you have created. Make sure the property values you're entering in the file are spelled exactly the same way as entered in the platform.
Here is an example of what the file will look like when you have entered some member's properties values:
Once you’ve completed the file, you will save it, upload it, and click on the blue "Complete Import" button. When you upload the file, the following will happen:
- Any members listed in the file that were not already in your account will be sent an invitation to join Officevibe.
- All of the members will be automatically assigned the properties you've outlined in the file.
- Any members that were listed as "TRUE" in the column "F" will now be Executive Managers.
If you need to update properties in the future or add new members to your account, you can download this file at any time and upload it again with the changes.
Note: Once you reach a certain number of members, the file might be too big to upload into the platform. In that case, if you want to add new members through the file, you can delete the members in the file from the download (as these are your current members) and start fresh by entering the data for the new members only.