The Feedback section is optimized for every device, from mobile to desktop, and includes all the qualitative Feedback (a.k.a. comments on follow-up questions) left by employees. Feedback is anonymous by default unless the employee chooses to reveal their identity when leaving a comment, in turn causing their name and photo to appear within this specific Feedback.
To access the Feedback section, simply click on Feedback on the top left menu.
The display is meant to replicate itself in an inbox. You can reply, mark all as read, apply filters or labels, navigate from one message to the other just by clicking on them. The Feedback you see will virtually be in real-time (the page can, however, need 1-2 minutes to refresh).
Before we get into the nitty-gritty around Feedback let's take some time to review the three sub-sections of Feedback that are available to all Managers.
- Surveys: Includes all Feedback received via the Survey follow-up questions or the Suggestion Box (where proactive Feedback can be left).
- Custom Polls: Includes all Feedback received via Custom Polls (can be ones you created or ones created by other Managers, as long as you are a Manager in one of the targeted teams).
- My Feedback: Includes all Feedback you ever left in any Survey or Suggestion Box). As a manager, this is the only time you can respond anonymously as all Feedback you respond to for your employees will display your name.
Note: If you manage several Teams, the Feedback sections in the “all” will display all Feedback left across all your different Teams. You can change the Team to tie the Feedback to the team.
It's now time to explore the Feedback section in-depth, breaking it down by different features/capabilities:
When new Feedback comes in, it will appear at the top of the inbox. It will have a white background and a blue line to the left of it to indicate that you have not yet read it. The text displayed in the box on the left-hand side will always be the initial Feedback left by the employee.
To view the entire Feedback (follow-up question asked and reply), click on the Feedback itself. This will cause the entire thread to populate on the right-hand side.
Need help with feedback?
Simply click on Help me reply at the bottom of the feedback thread and you will be prompted with two options:
1. Ask a colleague for help
2. Feedback guide
Mark All as Read
Once you click on a comment, it gets marked as read. Once read, the blue line beside the Feedback will disappear. Alternatively, you can choose to ''Mark all as read'', causing all blue lines to disappear.
You can use Quick filters on top of the Feedback summary to help organize the Feedback and sort the Feedback by:
- Read vs. Unread
- Replied vs. Replied by me (if you replied in the Feedback) vs. Unreplied
If you want to take it one step further, you can always take advantage of the Advanced Filters:
- Hide comments with less than 3 characters: this option can be selected in order to avoid feedback without true content (think ''.'', ''-'', ''N\A'').
- Date Range
- Type: Survey Feedback vs. Suggestion Box Feedback
- Metric: Each Survey Feedback will tie to one of the 10 Key Metrics
- Tone: Positive vs. Constructive - these are solely determined behind the scenes based on the employee's response
See our detailed article about how to understand the Tone labels attached to the Feedback and how to best interpret them: Interpreting Feedback
While you're replying to Feedback or just browsing through the ones you received, you can add custom labels.
Note: These labels will appear the same in all Managers' accounts. Should you add a Label to a piece of Feedback, all Managers with access to that Feedback will be able to view the Label assigned to it. Employees with no manager permissions do not see these labels. These labels can be customized by any Administrator in the account, under Settings - General - Conversation labels.
Suggestion Box Feedback
Members also have the option to leave proactive feedback, not prompted by the Officevibe Surveys, through the Suggestion Box. This can be accessed one of two ways:
1. In their Feedback Tab, they can click on the "New Feedback" button, which will generate a general feedback screen:
Here is what the General Feedback screen looks like:
2. After a team member has completed their Officevibe survey, they will be prompted with a few options, including the Suggestion Box:
You will know that feedback has come in through the Suggestion Box, as it will have an automatic label attached to it:
How to save important feedback
You also have the ability to star feedback that you want to be able to find and come back to again! When you are viewing a piece of feedback, you will see a star in the right-hand corner. By clicking this star, you will mark it as "important".
To find your starred feedbacks, you can use the quick labels function, which allows you to filter out only the starred feedback in your account. This will allow you to save and locate important feedback in your account to come back to as needed.
A word (or two) on Anonymity...
With the goal of always protecting anonymity, please find our different business rules relating to Feedback:
- When submitting anonymous feedback:
- If all the teams you are a part of remain below 5, any higher-up Manager will have access to the Feedback and can reply as they have access to All Feedback.
- The feedback will be displayed with "Anonymous Employee" and the picture bubble will be an avatar. The name of the employee and their photo will NOT be displayed.
- The Feedback will only appear once the Platform has a minimum of 5 active members.
- Paid plan: If you are a member of any team(s), your Feedback will only be visible if the team has 5 or more members
- If the Team/organization falls to below 5, anonymous Feedback left when the team was 5 or above will still be visible so it can be acted on. Any new Feedback that comes through will not be visible when the team falls below 5, however, it will reappear when the team goes back to 5 or above.
- The Feedback remains in the team you belonged to when you left the Feedback.
- If a Manager is added to an existing team, they will have access to all of the historical Feedback of that team.
- Non-anonymous Feedback (employees themselves turned the anonymity off when leaving the feedback) will be visible to Managers of the teams they belong to, despite team size.
Note: When an employee leaves Feedback, they can choose to send it anonymously or non-anonymously. When answering Survey questions, these responses are always aggregated in the team and will always be anonymous - no way to see who is answering what via their Surveys.