The Feedback section is optimized for every device, from mobile to desktop, and includes all the qualitative Feedback (a.k.a. comments on follow-up questions) left by employees.
Feedback is anonymous unless the employee reveals their identity when leaving feedback, causing their name and photo to appear within this specific Feedback. Click on Feedback on the top left menu to access the Feedback section.
Feedback Report for Managers (Video):
The display is meant to replicate itself in an inbox. You can reply, mark all as read, apply filters or labels, and navigate from one message to another by clicking on them. The Feedback you see will be in real-time (the page can, however, need 1-2 minutes to refresh).
Before we get into the nitty-gritty around Feedback, let's take some time to review the three sub-sections of Feedback available to all Managers.
- Surveys: Includes all Feedback received via the Survey follow-up questions or from Non-Surveys (where proactive Feedback can be left).
- Custom Surveys: Includes all Feedback received via Custom Surveys (can be ones you created or ones created by other Managers, as long as you are a Manager in one of the targeted teams).
- My Feedback: Includes all Feedback you ever left in any Survey or with Non-Surveys). As a manager, this is the only time you can respond anonymously, as all Feedback you respond to for your employees will display your name.
If you manage several Teams, the Feedback sections in the “all” will display all Feedback left across all your different Teams. You can change the Team to tie the Feedback to the team.
Feedback that is less than three years old is no longer accessible in the app as of July 2023. To access feedback that is older than three years, you can use the API or reach out to Support with your request.
It's now time to explore the Feedback section in-depth, breaking it down by different features/capabilities:
When new Feedback comes in, it will appear at the top of the inbox. It will have a white background and a blue line to the left to indicate that you have not yet read it. The text displayed in the box on the left-hand side will always be the initial Feedback left by the employee.
Click on the Feedback itself to view the entire Feedback (follow-up question asked and reply). This will cause the entire thread to populate on the right-hand side and provide video or text response options to the responder.
Need help with feedback?
Click on Help me reply at the bottom of the feedback thread, and you will be prompted with the following options:
Mark All as Read
Once you click on a comment, it gets marked as read. Once read, the blue line beside the Feedback will disappear. Alternatively, you can choose to Mark all as read, causing all blue lines to disappear.
You can use Quick filters on top of the Feedback summary to help organize the Feedback and sort the Feedback by:
- Read vs. Unread
- Replied vs. Replied by me (if you replied in the Feedback) vs. Unreplied
If you want to take it one step further, you can always take advantage of the Advanced Filters:
- Date Range
- Type: Survey Feedback vs. Non-Survey Feedback
- Metric: Each Survey Feedback will tie to one of the 10 Key Metrics
- Sentiment: Positive vs. Constructive - these are solely determined behind the scenes based on the employee's response
To select a specific date, click the Custom option.
See our detailed article about understanding the sentiment labels attached to the Feedback and how to interpret them best: Interpreting Feedback.
While replying to Feedback or browsing through the ones you received, you can add custom labels.
These labels will appear the same in all Managers' accounts. After adding a Label to a piece of Feedback, all Managers with access to that Feedback can view the Label assigned to it. Employees with no manager permissions do not see these labels.
Any Administrator can customize these labels via > Features > Feedback.
Members also have the option to leave proactive feedback, not prompted by the Officevibe Surveys, through the Non-Survey Feedback. This can be accessed one of two ways:
1. In their Feedback Tab, they can click on the "Send Feedback" button, which will generate a general feedback screen:
Here is what the General Feedback screen looks like:
2. After a team member has completed their Officevibe survey, they will be prompted with a few options, including the Non-Survey Feedback:
You will know that feedback has come in through Non-Survey Feedback, as it will have an automatic label attached to it:
A word (or two) on Anonymity...
To always protect anonymity, please find our different business rules relating to Feedback:
When submitting anonymous feedback:
- If all the teams you are a part of remain below 5, any higher-up Manager will have access to the Feedback and can reply as they have access to All Feedback.
- The feedback will be displayed with "Anonymous Employee," and the picture bubble will be an avatar. The name of the employee and their photo will NOT be displayed.
- The Feedback will only appear once the Platform has 5 active members.
- Paid plan: If you are a member of any team(s), your Feedback will only be visible if the team has 5 or more members
- If the Team/organization falls to below 5, anonymous Feedback left when the team was 5 or above will still be visible so it can be acted on. Any new Feedback that comes through will not be visible when the team falls below 5; however, it will reappear when the team goes back to 5 or above.
- The Feedback remains in the team you belonged to when you left the Feedback.
- If a Manager is added to an existing team, they will have access to all of the historical Feedback of that team.
- Non-anonymous Feedback (employees themselves turned the anonymity off when leaving the feedback) will be visible to Managers of the teams they belong to, despite team size.
When an employee leaves Feedback, they can send it anonymously or non-anonymously. When answering Survey questions, these responses are always aggregated in the team and will always be anonymous - no way to see who is answering what via their Surveys.