We’ve broken down everything you need to know to leverage Officevibe and make your team the best it can be. What you can expect from this guide:
- Tips on how to prepare your team for the arrival of Officevibe;
- Pointers to help check-in with your team when they start using Officevibe;
- A detailed look at how to effectively use Officevibe to bring the best out of your team.
Preparing your team for Officevibe
Take the time to sit down with your team and discuss what the arrival of Officevibe means.
Here are some key talking points to help you lead this talk:
- Share the intent behind the arrival of Officevibe. Your organization wants employees to be a part of building a greater workplace that focuses on people first.
- Define what participating in Officevibe will mean for employees (weekly surveys, sharing written Feedback, etc.) and what they will get out of it.
- Present Officevibe’s 10 Key Metrics of Engagement so your team will understand what Officevibe measures. (The 10 Key Metrics of Engagement)
- Explain Officevibe’s position on Anonymity and address concerns regarding leaving Feedback. Officevibe provides a safe platform for employees to share their honest thoughts on topics that are sometimes hard to voice in face-to-face conversations. (Officevibe & Anonymity)
- Discuss the fact that managers and employees share the responsibility of enriching each conversation in Officevibe. Feedback is meant to be a dialogue.
- Do a walk-through of what the launch of Officevibe will entail for your employees: when they’ll receive the email invitation, what email address it will come from, what the survey will look like, etc.
Officevibe is here. What now?
The arrival of Officevibe can be exciting, yet it can also generate some anxiety for employees.
throughout the first two weeks of using Officevibe, make sure you’re checking in with your team. Doing this will help build your team’s trust; not only in the tool itself but also in you.
Here are some examples of questions you can ask:
- How do you feel when you answer Officevibe Survey questions?
- Do you have any fears or anxieties when you’re asked to share written Feedback?
- Do you understand why you’re filling out these Surveys and giving Feedback?
- What can I do as your manager to encourage you to keep participating and leaving Feedback?
Officevibe Tips: When you start using Officevibe, Feedback will be plentiful and may feel overwhelming to you. That being said, answering Feedback that comes in over the first 30 days is critical, whether it’s constructive or positive. Through your replies, you’ll be showing employees that their input matters and their participation is valuable (Feedback Report).
How to use Officevibe effectively?
We’ve identified 5 things you can do to leverage Officevibe and help your team grow. These 5 tasks are straightforward and can be easily incorporated into your weekly routine.
Task #1: Review the team’s scores to get a better understanding of how your team is feeling.
Use the Engagement Report to identify the team’s low- and high-scoring Metrics, as well as which ones are trending upward and downward. Although it’s important to keep an eye on the scores, we want you to focus on trends. They will be more indicative of how your team is evolving.
Analyze high-scoring Metrics just as much as low-scoring ones. Acknowledging what’s going well is important. If you understand why scores have gone up in one area, you may be able to recreate that success elsewhere.
Keeping an eye on Sub-metrics will allow you to narrow in on what your team’s areas of improvement are and to know where to focus your efforts.
For an added level of insight, head to the Question Report. By reviewing all of Officevibe's Survey questions and how employees have responded to them, you’ll have an in-depth understanding of how your team is doing across all dimensions.
Task #2: Read and respond to employee Feedback.
Discuss your team’s expectations about when Feedback will be replied to moving forward. Setting expectations together avoids employees feeling ignored if their Feedback isn’t responded to immediately. Officevibe recommends replying to Feedback at least once a week to avoid missing out on any sensitive information.
When replying to Feedback:
- Think it through. Try your best not to answer Feedback impulsively. Take a step back and assume positive intent from the employee who wrote the Feedback. Try to understand the underlying message they are trying to convey.
- Before providing explanations or possible solutions, acknowledge what the employee has said. It will go a long way towards making them feel heard.
- Initiate a conversation by asking open-ended questions. Both yourself and your team share the responsibility of addressing issues through collaboration and rich dialogue.
Not sure how to respond to Feedback? Take a look at our blog article Replying To Employee Feedback: The Complete Guide.
Task #3: Share and discuss Officevibe results monthly with your team.
Meeting with your team to discuss Officevibe results is key. We recommend doing so monthly. Being transparent about what your strengths are as a team and what needs to be improved is important. The goal is to find solutions together.
What to ask to spark these conversations:
- Do you feel these results are an accurate representation of reality? Why?
- In your opinion, what are the causes behind our weakest Metrics/Sub-metrics?
- What area should we focus on improving first, and why? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve?
We’ve also designed some tools to help you lead these group sessions:
Task #4: Create initiatives or action plans based on these group conversations and make some positive changes in your team.
- Draw inspiration from the Officevibe Improve Section for your initiatives (accessible through your Officevibe portal).
- Keep in mind that sometimes even the smallest of changes can make the biggest difference.
- Communicate the actions that you’re taking, as a result of Feedback shared in Officevibe.
- Let employees know that they made a difference!
Task #5: Validate your initiatives or poll employees on subjects specific to your team.
In addition to the Officevibe Surveys, Custom Polls help you dig deeper into your team specific issues. They can also help with validating your action plans and initiatives with your team.
Some helpful tools:
- You have access to a Poll Gallery of templates on various topics. Check out the Custom Polls section in your portal to see these suggestions!
- Get some more Ideas for Custom Polls through our Help Center!
Last and certainly not least, don’t forget that the Officevibe team is always available if you need any help. You can reach out to us directly from your Officevibe portal by clicking on the Help or email us directly: email@example.com.
PDF version available below: