Would you love to be able to send visually appealing messages from your computer, just like you do from your mobile device? If so, you will absolutely love our Feedback section - making it fun, easy, and visually pleasing for Managers and their employees to communicate.
The Feedback section - optimized for every device, from mobile to desktop - includes all the qualitative Feedback (a.k.a. comments on follow-up questions) left by employees. Feedback is anonymous by default unless the employee chooses to divulge themselves when leaving a comment, in turn causing their name and photo to appear within this specific Feedback.
To access the Feedback section, simply click into Feedback on the left-hand menu.
The display is meant to replicate an inbox. You can reply, mark all as read, apply filters or labels, navigate from one message to the other just by clicking on them, and can even export the Feedback via an Excel file. The Feedback you see will virtually be in real-time (at times, we may need a bit of time to catch our breath and refresh!).
Before we get into the nitty-gritty around Feedback let's take some time to review the three sub-sections of Feedback on the left-hand menu which are available to all Managers.
- Surveys: Includes all Feedback received via the Survey follow-up questions or the Suggestion Box (where proactive Feedback can be left).
- Custom Polls: Includes all Feedback received via Custom Polls (can be ones you created or ones created by other Managers, as long as you are a Manager in one of the targeted groups).
- My Feedback: Includes all Feedback you ever left (whether you are a User or a Company/Group Manager) in any Survey, Custom Poll or Suggestion Box). As a manager, this is the only time you can respond anonymously as all Feedback you respond to for your employees will display your name.
Note: If you manage several groups, the Surveys and Custom Poll sections will display all Feedback left across all your different groups. You can use the Group filter at the top to tie the Feedback to the group.
It's now time to explore the Feedback section in-depth, breaking it down by different features/capabilities:
1. Unread Feedback
When a new Feedback comes in, it will come to the top of the inbox. It will have a white background and a blue line to the left of it to indicate that it has not yet been read by you. The text displayed in the box on the left-hand side will always be the initial Feedback left by the employee. To view the entire Feedback (follow-up question asked and reply), click on the Feedback itself. This will cause the entire thread to populate on the right-hand side.
2. Mark All as Read
Once you click on a comment, it gets marked as read. Once read, the blue line beside the Feedback will disappear. Alternatively, you can choose to ''Mark all as read'', causing all blue lines to disappear.
You can use Quick filters on top of the Feedback summary to help organize the Feedback and sort the Feedback by:
- Read vs. Unread
- Replied vs. Replied by me (if you replied in the Feedback) vs. Unreplied
If you want to take it one step further, you can always take advantage of the Advanced Filters:
- Date Range
- Group (default view is All Groups Feedback, however, if you manage more than one group, you can select one group at a time)
- Type: Survey Feedback vs. Suggestion Box Feedback
- Metric: Each Survey Feedback will tie to one of the 10 Key Metrics
- Tone: Positive vs. Constructive - these are solely determined behind the scenes based on the employee's response
See our detailed article about how to understand the Tone labels attached to the Feedback and how to best interpret them: Interpreting Feedback!
While you're replying to Feedback or just browsing through the ones you received, you can add custom labels.
Labels can be edited by Admins only. When a title is given to a label, it will be the same title for anyone adding labels. By default, the Platform offers up to six separate labels. If you require more, a request can be made to add three more.
Note: These labels will appear the same for all Managers accounts. If you edit the name of an existing label, the new name will apply to all old Feedback which had that label. Employees with no manager permission do not see the labels.
5. Smallest Group Widget
To make it even easier to follow up on Feedback left by employees, Officevibe displays the name of the smallest group that the employee belongs to within Officevibe. The Smallest Group (when visible) will also be displayed in the Excel Export file.
*The widget is only visible when you are on the All Company or All Groups filter - if you decide to use the filters, you will see that the widget disappears as we need to protect anonymity.
The widget respects the anonymity rules. For a group name to display for anonymous Feedback:
- The group must have a minimum of 5 members
- The Manager must have permission to view this group
The group name displayed is based on when the Feedback first began and only one group name will appear at all times. To protect anonymity, if the group structure changes and there is a new, smaller group, the widget will not update.
Note: If two groups are the exact same size, we take the group that was created first. If the group creation dates are also the same, we use an alphanumeric logic.
Note: Feedback left by an employee who belongs to a group that has less than 5 members will not have the closest group displayed to preserve the anonymity of the employee.
6. Exporting Your Feedback
At any time, you can export the Feedback as an Excel file. You'll have access to the question asked, the comments from employees and the replies from Managers. Every piece of the Feedback (original message along with any replies) will each have their own line in the file, however will be tied together via the same ID. Keep in mind that it may take a few minutes depending on how many pieces of Feedback are left. Once complete, you will get a green Success checkmark.
Note: When using the Export function, if any filters are applied, the file will contain only the Feedback associated that corresponds to those filters.
A word (or two) on Anonymity...
With the goal of always protecting anonymity, please find our different business rules relating to Feedback:
- When submitting anonymous feedback:
- The feedback will be displayed with "Anonymous Employee" and the picture bubble will be an avatar. The name of the employee and photo will NOT be displayed.
- The Feedback will only appear once the Platform has a minimum of 5 active members.
- Premium version: If you are a member of any group(s), your Feedback will only be visible if the group has 5 or more members
- If all the groups you are a part of remains below 5, any Company Manager will have access to the Feedback and can reply as they have access to All Company Feedback.
- If the group/company falls to below 5, anonymous Feedback left when the group was 5 or above will still be visible so it can be acted on. Any new Feedback that comes through will not be visible when the group falls below 5, however will reappear when the group goes back to 5 or above.
- The Feedback remains in the group you belonged to when you left the Feedback.
- If a Manager is added to an existing group, they will have access to all of the historical Feedback of that group.
- Non-anonymous Feedback (employee themselves turned the anonymity off when leaving the feedback) will be visible to Managers of the groups they belong to, despite group size.
Note: When an employee leaves Feedback, they can choose to send it anonymously or non-anonymously. When answering Survey or Custom Poll questions, these responses are always aggregated in the group and will always be anonymous - no way for Managers or Admins to see who is answering what via their Surveys or Custom Polls.