Smart Groups is a feature which can be used to create groups and assign them users automatically. Smart Groups are composed of users with one or more common Attributes. For example: gender and/or hire date and/or department and/or birthday and/or location of users, etc.
There are two main advantages of using Smart Groups instead of Manual Groups:
- Engagement analysis/reporting tailored to specific groups that were not created initially, because data can be segmented according to attributes
- The employee life cycle with the Attribute "Hire Date"
- The work/life balance with the Attribute "Number of children"
- A specific talent pool with the Attribute "employee with rare competencies"
- A combination of those could be: New employees with children that detain critical competencies.
- Less admin work for you - the groups evolve dynamically, therefore their membership updates automatically.
Creating a Smart Group can be done in 3 steps, click below to view each one:
- Create Attributes.
- Assign the Attributes to users.
- Create a Smart Group and/or convert a Manual Group to a Smart Group.
|HOW YOU SHOULD USE SMART GROUPS|
Are you are new at Officevibe?
Do you have manual groups created?
|Are you using Bulk edit with CSV file to upload user's profile?||Have you created all your groups manually?|
Go create Smart Groups and seize the potential of combining multiple attributes :)
Do not delete your curent groups.
We recommend creating new Smart Groups for new insights with multiple attributes.
You can convert your groups as long as someone is responsible for keeping all the attributes up to date (e.g. Company Manager).
Note that Smart Group are based on employee attributes only. Thus they need to be maintained update.
WARNING: Depending on the Attributes you are creating, data could become sensitive (e.g.salary). We've modified the access right for Smart Groups: only Company Managers and Admins can create/modify/see attributes. This means that a Group Manager will not see the attributes for the members of their group, nor will they see the groups they don't manage.