Smart Groups is a feature which can be used to create groups and assign them users automatically. Smart Groups are composed of users with one or more common Attributes. For example: gender and/or hire date and/or department and/or birthday and/or location of users, etc.
There are two main advantages of using Smart Groups instead of Manual Groups:
- Engagement analysis/reporting tailored to specific groups that were not created initially, because data can be segmented according to Attributes
- The employee life cycle with the Attribute "Hire Date"
- The work/life balance with the Attribute "Number of children"
- A specific talent pool with the Attribute "employee with rare competencies"
- A combination of those could be: New employees with children that detain critical competencies.
- Less admin work for you - the groups evolve dynamically, therefore their membership updates automatically.
Before deciding to use Smart Groups, consult the below to determine the actions that must be completed before creating these groups:
- IF you are new to Officevibe, THEN you are able to create Smart Groups if you are looking to analyze Engagement results based on Attributes such as gender, location, etc. You can even combine Attributes!
- IF you are an existing customer with groups that sync with an internal platform (ex. Slack, Google), THEN do not delete your current groups. We recommend keeping the existing groups and creating new Smart Groups to deepen your analysis based on different Attributes.
- IF you are an existing customer with manual groups, THEN you can convert your manual groups into Smart Groups as long as all members in the existing groups have a common Attribute (ex. part of the same department).
Creating a Smart Group can be done in 3 steps, click below to view each one:
- Create Attributes.
- Assign the Attributes to users.
- Create a Smart Group and/or convert a Manual Group to a Smart Group.
WARNING: Depending on the Attributes you are creating, data can be sensitive (ex. salary). We've modified the access right for Smart Groups to protect the information, therefore only Company Managers and Admins can create/modify/see Attributes. This means that a Group Manager will not see the Attributes for the members of their group, nor will they see the groups they don't manage.
Take a look on this article about ideas for types of groups: Ideas for Group Structures!