To Create a Smart Group/Convert a Manual Group to a Smart Group:
From the side-menu, under the "Manage" section, click on "Groups". This page displays the list of existing groups, along with general information and links to view/edit groups. The button at the top right allows for the creation of new groups.
Existing networks will have pre-existing Manual Groups. The historical data of those groups is valuable! To facilitate the transition to Smart Groups and maintain the group's historical data (engagement scores and feedback), it is possible to convert Manual Groups to Smart Groups.
CREATE A NEW SMART GROUP
CONVERT A MANUAL GROUP TO A SMART GROUP
- Choose the "Smart Group" option
- Enter a name for the group
- Create Rules that relate to existing Attributes, for example:
- All or Any (should "all" rules be respected or "at least one of them")
- Pick an Attribute from the ones defined for your organization.
- Pick a condition: Between, before, after, equal to, is not, greater than, etc.
- Fill out the condition fields (date ranges, choice from a dropdown, etc.).
- Consult the preview to find out which users correspond to the Rules you set.
- Choose one or many Managers ... or none (in this case, reports and feedback for this group will be available only to Company Managers and Admins).
- Click Create Group.
Smart Group updates are performed once a day. Thus, a user whose Attributes have been updated will be added (or removed) from the concerned Smart Groups within 24 hours.
- First, make sure that the Users of the Manual Group to be converted have some Attributes Values that bind them together (for example: creation of the "department" Attribute with the Value "sales" and adding this Value in the User profiles of all of the sales team members).
- Under the advanced tab of the concerned manual group, click the "Start Conversion" button.
- Set the Rules to regroup the users and make sure they match the Manual Group you are converting, by using the members preview.
- If subgroups were part of the Manual Group to be converted, the Rules should include the users of those subgroups.
- Edit the group name and managers as needed.
- Click Convert.
Once the conversion is complete, the Manual Group becomes a Smart group and users are managed automatically.
HOW TO RETRIEVE HISTORICAL DATA?
When creating a Smart Group (and only at creation), it is possible to retrieve historical data for the members who were part of the group at creation (Manual or Smart). This includes feedback and quantitative data.
Note: The process is not automatic and may take some time.