Once the Attributes are created (ex. Gender), Values (ex. Female, Male, Other) must be added to Users' profiles (Managers & Users). It is possible to add them manually or by a Bulk Edit.
Manual assignment of attributes to users:
- All the Attributes appear under the Attributes tab of the Users' profile and are available for edit. To view this section, go to Manage - Users - Attributes tab.
Note that the Permissions & Groups tab under the Users' profiles displays a User's permissions within the account (roles) as well as a list of Group membership and/or management rights. In this list, it is possible to add the User as a Group Manager of a Manual or Smart Group, but not to add them as a member of a Smart Group; members of Smart Groups are bound by their Attribute Values, it is therefore not possible to add them manually.
Bulk Edit of users profile with new attributes:
Bulk edit allows you to update Users' Profiles quicker than manually editing each User's profile.
- PRELIMINARY STEP: It is essential to create the Attributes first.
- Click on the "Users" tab and then the "Bulk Edit Users" button in the top right hand corner.
- Export the Excel document provided in your account. This document has a row per User and columns per User properties and Attributes.
- Complete the profiles' information/attributes in the Excel document. Although it is not possible to add an attribute in the document (the attribute must first be created in "Admin" - "Attributes"), it is possible to add new Values to Multiple Choice Attributes. The new Values will automatically populate in the profile and will then be available to be used for other users as well. **NOTE: You can create your own Excel document, as long as you include a header and use the same column names as the one generated by Officevibe.
- Import the updated document in the "Users" - "Bulk Edit" section; a preview is available to confirm the changes that will be made and help you troubleshoot your file.
- Set options accordingly: Deactivate/Reactivate User
- Hit the Import button: The profiles are up to date!