The "Attributes" tab is under the "Manage" section on the side menu. This tab allows you to view/edit existing Attributes and create new ones.
By default, Officevibe has created 4 Attributes:
Click on the "Create Attribute" button at the top right to create a new one or Edit to change the values of existing ones.
To create Attributes:
- Choose a type of Attribute from the 3 options offered (numbers, multiple choice, date).
- Enter a name for the Attribute.
- In the case of "Multiple Choices", in addition to the name, Values must be entered (example: Attribute Name= Department, Values = IT, HR, etc.)
- Click on "Create Attribute".
- Once the Attribute is created, it will be present in the Users' profiles, ready for Values to be assigned.
|TIP #1||TIP #2|
CREATE YOUR SUB-GROUPS FIRST
If you want to gather multiple sub-groups into one Smart Group: It is possible to create a Manual group including the existing Smart Groups.
Sub-groups cannot be added to a Smart Group, because Smart Groups contain Users based on their Attribute Values.
THINK OF HOW THE ATTRIBUTES WILL EVOLVE OVER TIME
Attribute types and which are best suited to different needs... An Attribute helps define Users, usually in the long term.
So, for Smart Groups based on age, for example, it is better to create a "Date" Attribute and use the Birthday (which can be automatically measured against the current date to determine age automatically), rather than creating a "Number" type and assigning an age number (which will need to be updated in Officevibe manually each year).
Same thing goes for the hire date which will be preferable than entering the number of years the employee has been with the organization.
CREATING SIMPLE SMART GROUPS WHILE CREATING AN ATTRIBUTE
During Attribute creation, it is possible to create simple Smart Groups based on the Attribute. This advanced option is beneficial in the following cases:
- You are new at using Officevibe and don't have any groups created yet (e.g. creating a Smart Group for each Value choice defined for a "Department" Attribute) - this only works if you have one Rule set up.
- You want to create groups that will gather data only in the future (Note that no historical data will be possible with this option ; e.g. you are creating a new line of business or launching a new product/service).
However, it is not beneficial when:
- You want to set multiple Rules and/or combine Attributes in a Smart Group.
- If you want to retrieve the historical data of the users of the group (because this option is only available at creation of the group).
- If you have existing Manual Groups you want to convert to Smart Groups (because you will lose all historical data).